Black and white printing workshop
‹ Browse all workshop dates
Learn how to print your own film photography images. The satisfaction and aesthetic beauty of a silver gelatin print cannot be beaten. Come and learn how to create some wonderful imagery, and finish the day with your own prints to frame and/or sell.
What to expect on the day
- A class of up to three people only, of any skill level (from absolute beginners to those refreshing their memory);
- In the darkroom, lights are on all of the time! No complete darkness required (our red darkroom safelights make it easy to see at all times).
- a relaxed, fun atmosphere where making mistakes is expected;
- all chemicals, equipment and standard 8 x 10 paper will be provided;
- a sense of pride at having used science to create art.
What you will need
Just one thing; and fully developed roll of 35mm or medium format black and white film.
Schedule for the day
- Meet at The Arts Centre: greetings, house rules, and decide where we’ll shoot (beach, hills, or indoors)
- The basics of printing
- Printing and finishing your film
- Final thoughts (whilst your prints dry)
*Attendees must be over 16 years of age.